Red Stag Meat Processing

I found if you grill the venison like this it really keeps from over cooking and it comes out really great.
gbs.jpg

Last edited:
My personal favorite is minutesteaks. Run backstrap steaks through a tenderizer attachment. 1/2"-5/8" thick, run through twice rotate 90 degrees for second pass. Fresh on the grill makes the best cheeseburger you will ever eat. Once they have been in the freezer I roll in seasoned flour and pan fry in butter. Either way, warm to room temp before cooking.

My personal favorite is minutesteaks. Run backstrap steaks through a tenderizer attachment. 1/2"-5/8" thick, run through twice rotate 90 degrees for second pass. Fresh on the grill makes the best cheeseburger you will ever eat. Once they have been in the freezer I roll in seasoned flour and pan fry in butter. Either way, warm to room temp before cooking.
I only do this with round steaks due to them being a tougher cut. I cut 1" thick and tenderize in a cuber. I cook the back steaks whole, aboit 1-1/4" thick. Like I said before, way more good ways to cook it than he will have meat. He will have to go kill another one.

I recently killed a red deer hind.I like it better than whitetail,mule deer,elk,nilgai and axis.It has such a great flavor to the meat,I eat it nearly everyday.I've been making a lot of stir frys with it sliced really thin.I grate fresh garlic and ginger,add some red pepper flakes,mushroom flavored soy sauce,regular soy sauce and the meat.Cook that with a little refined coconut oil until about done,then add celery,broccoli and green onion and saute until done to your liking.Serve over brown Basmatti rice.So simple and so good. I tried it with ground meat too and I gotta tell you,it was excellent.I would have never thought of doing a stir fry with ground meat,but I really liked it with the red deer.Another good thing to have done is tenderized steak.I ran a bunch of the larger muscles from the hindquarters through my tenderizer after I cut them into steaks.You can do a lot with those.And have them cross cut the ribs.They are excellent BBQ or oven roasted.The hind I killed weighed around 300lbs live weight and I ended up with a 100lbs of boned out meat.
Red deer hind 1.jpg

This thread is morfing into a cooking show so I will add Duck makes the best stir fry and is tied with Wild Turkey for fajitas. Fajitas is also a great dish for venison.

If your not hungry yet, this will make you want to go cook now. This works for just about any kind of meat you want. This is duck I cook, but it could be pig or what ever!
2478.jpeg

"Some Rule Violation" I'm hungry and just got back from lunch. One of these days I'm going to be kind and tell you all how to make duck Fettuccine. Nothing Italian about it, its cajun, but no one has ever turned it down. The OP needs to get his deer on the ground before we all starve!!

This thread is morfing into a cooking show so I will add Duck makes the best stir fry and is tied with Wild Turkey for fajitas. Fajitas is also a great dish for venison.

Lol, and yes it looks like a cooking shiw but also making me hungry, and duck on stir fry's is awesome.

Let's add Bacon wrapped split Dove breasts in kabobs with bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onions and mushrooms, mmmmmh good

I thinks there is a special place for all wild game, that said, love desert mule deer meat but coues, oh coues, it's just delicious.

Steaks at least 1" thick, no less no excuses, and must be medium rare with butter melted on top, can be plain or flavored butter.

Wife loves grilled ribs, very well cooked almost toasty, with a good cold hefeweizen. Grill them slowly at medoum heat to almost a sun dried jerky texture, we call it Cecina style.

I roast the tough cuts over night on the crockpot with some potatoes and veggies, just come out tender and delicious. This also works great for javelina which is a little tough, but the javelina tenderloins grilled are amazing and also medium rare.

With the little leftover pieces of meat we make burgers and right before cooking we mix the meat with bacon and grill away.

I don't use vacuum seal cause the meat womt be too long on the freezer, but I do put it on butcher paper I think its called works great.

Everyone has their own method and you'll find your own after all the advise you get here. That said someone mentioned no bone or fat when freezing the meat and I agree, it will give the meat a not so good flavor.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts