Recommended rings for sako 85 300 wsm

jimsbriar

Can you folks provide me with your advice on the best rings for mounting a scope on my sako 85 finnlight? Looking at the 3x18x44 Leopold with 30 mm tube.

Sorry if this is a redundant thread. I searched but did not find a heck of a lot.

Thanks in advance!!

You should be fine with the stand Optilock rings. Probably get away with the ringmounts as they're a one peice.

My Sako 75 in 308 used to have the factory rings until I started having accuracy problems. Took it to a gunsmith who told me every Sako he saw with accuracy problems and the factory rings the rings were the problem. He said the bases have a tendency to slip. Placed Talley bases with the matching Tally rings and no more problems. He slid the wedge bases on and slightly tapped them into place then tightened down on the screws. I now have Talley on most of my rifles.

Keep in mind, the mounting area on the VX6 is short in length. If you have a less than 13.5 LOP, you may not obtain proper eye relief. I would opt for a premium rail and mounts for this setup so you can get more adjustment. My experience anyway.

I have a Sako 75 300 WSM and had my optilock rings fail twice on me. Spent some money on base and rings from Near Mfg (nearmfg.com). I talked with Richard Near extensively and am very happy with the set up. They are so solid I'm sure a bomb blast wouldn't make them fail. Call Richard and talk to him about it.

I have a Sako 75 300 WSM and had my optilock rings fail twice on me. Spent some money on base and rings from Near Mfg (nearmfg.com). I talked with Richard Near extensively and am very happy with the set up. They are so solid I'm sure a bomb blast wouldn't make them fail. Call Richard and talk to him about it.

Do you have the rail on yours? Just wondering because I was looking at that setup. Just worried since there's nothing but friction holding on the rail.

I have a Sako A7 in a 300WM and use Burris Signature (AKA Posi-Align) rings. They are excellent. My smith said there are $200 rings that dont grip as well as those.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.