Recommendation On DBM - Defiance Deviant

Just to verify, you do in fact have what Defiance calls a medium action, REM 700 Short action length? Not an XM, what most would consider a medium action being in between a rem 700 short and long action length wise? Correct?

Gotcha ok. I have the HS setup in a long action BDL inlet. It is very nicely made and has tension springs that push down on the Mag that take all the rattle out of it and it only hangs down 1/2" or so. It's all stainless though and quite heavy. Long action is 10oz for bottom metal and Mag. Short is probably slightly less. Other than that and being locked into HS proprietary mags it's really nice. Check the COAL though, I think the short action is only 2.88" or something. It's on their website

Gotcha ok. I have the HS setup in a long action BDL inlet. It is very nicely made and has tension springs that push down on the Mag that take all the rattle out of it and it only hangs down 1/2" or so. It's all stainless though and quite heavy. Long action is 10oz for bottom metal and Mag. Short is probably slightly less. Other than that and being locked into HS proprietary mags it's really nice. Check the COAL though, I think the short action is only 2.88" or something. It's on their website
Likewise, I have a HS setup for my 6.5x284, it's the better of the two. I have a new Hawkins bottom metal, just trying to use it. Best option likely is to sell it, and the mags