DBM Comparison

NuttyLemur

Anyone have a preference in DBM trigger guards for a long action Remington 700? I was looking at the Badger Ordnance but it is pricey and I want to know if its worth it. I also liked the PTG and its much cheaper. Or I can keep using a blind mag like currently use.

I have a Badger m5 on my 338 Laupa. It works great but the thing I really dislike is it is on a hunting rifle and I hate the fact that the clip hangs out the bottom of gun and 5 round mags are the smallest I can get. There is a little play between the clip and bottom metal and makes faint clicking and clonking noises very annoying while hunting. Also the clip hanging down seems to get caught on everything. Guess I'm just used to hinged floor plate.:rolleyes:

The rifle is built for "tactical" shooting. I have other rifles for hunting where I prefer to use the blind mag for lighter weight, less chance of dropping rounds while walking, and quieter. So I will keep the Badger on the list as it seems to be reliable and tough.

I have a Wyatts dbm on my short action, but they do make one for the long action as well. I love mine, drop in fit on any standard stock for a 700, no modification needed. feeds great. It doesn't seem to rattle at all, which is nice. It's single stack and has to be fed in from in front of the lips, it's not like the M-14 or AR mag that you just stuff on top, it has to be fed in, that's my only gripe.

And also, I believe its the cheapest DBM available, last I checked...here is a pic of mine with a 5 round so you can see how far it sticks down. They have a 5 and 10. I paid $250 shipped for mine with the 5 round mag.

Attachments

• 20160301_183657.jpg
    20160301_183657.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 32
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.