Recoil Galore!!!

POP that was great. I laughed so hard that I got the hiccups. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That is a great clip. About a year ago I saw a video of a guy doing nearly the same thing with a rifle on an indoor range. It blew right out of his hands and the rifle went on the floor. I hope someone can repost the link if they remember it.

I about did that about a year ago with a new Ruger Super Blackhawk. I shoot one handed and it was real cold out and my skin was really dry. I usually shoot S&W's with Hogue grips. They never slip. For best accuracy I have adopted a very light grip. It also saves my wrist from taking a beating with heavy loads in my 5" 629. Well my buddy hands me his slick wooden gripped Blackhawk and I didn't think a thing about the slick grip or that it was a 44 mag. First shot that thing flew right out of my hand and the muzzle hit me in the neck right besides my adams apple. I caught it before it hit the ground. It was a real surprise for both of us as we have been playing with guns with each other since 5th grade. We are both over 40 now. After I convinced him I could really handle it I can still shoot it better than he can but you can bet I damp my fingers before I shoot. He still gives me heck about it whenever he thinks he can embarrass me with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts