Recoil 7mm vs 300wm

marketello

I have shot a 30-06, and a 7MM, and to me it seemed the 7MM kicked quit a bit harder. I read an artical that indicated the 7MM kicked just a little harder than an 06.
Which would you say is closer to the truth, my experience or the artical? I realize it could have just been the 7mm I was shooting (stock Ruger M77) might have had a poor factory recoil pad.
Now lets compare the 7MM with the 300wm. I have never shot a 300wm before, but looking at balistics am I right in assuming the 300 will punch me in the shoulder quite a bit more than a 7MM?

Thank you.

Greenhorn,

Assuming you're talking of 7mm rem mag;

I can give you the -purely subjective- view a pal and I share regarding 7rem mag vs 300wm recoil. We both own identical Sauer 202s. His is 7 Rem mag, mine is 300 win mag.
When his is loaded with 175s and mine is loaded with 180s, we both agree that the 7 is far less pleasant to shoot - a much sharper kick. Don't know why /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Great link, thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the recoil on the .577 tyrano(t-rex) or the .700 nitro? You couldn't pay me to sqeeze off on either one!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.