recipe for 7stw

308jagermeister

I've been searching and reading old threads for hrs and hrs. I'm trying to decide if the best way to go is just pick up a senero off gunbroker or try and build one myself. From what I've read looks like savage is the easiest to build upon.. I'm not stuck on 7stw and it will strictly be for hunting.

Those Sendero rifles are great.I've got one in a 7STW and one in a 7mag and they both will shoot 1/2" or less with the right loads.

glad you replied thx, I have another question for you, is the difference between 7mag and 7stw like comparing and 22long and 22mag?

I kinda like to think of it more like comparing a 300WSM to a 300 Win. Mag.With the right powders you can get a 7Mag to shoot close to a 7STW,but by the same token with the right powders in the 7STW you can leave the 7Mag in the dust.I shoot the same powder charge in my 7Mag with 139-150gr bullets that I use for 165gr bullets in my 300WSM.I also shoot the same powder charge in my 7STW with 139-150gr bullets as I do in my 300Win Mag with 165gr bullets and the same charge for 160's in the 7STW as I do with 180gr bullets in the 300 Win Mag.

This was published in Shooting Times Feb. 1996 by Rick Jamison.Bullet used for velocity and pressure test was a Sierra BTSP.The rifle was a Browning A-Bolt with Boss,24.1" barrel.
7STWLOADS012.jpg

More loads tested.
7STWLOADS014.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.