Rechambering 7mm Rem Mag

NorthMN---looks like you're pretty flush with Big 7's, I'd have you consider going 33 or some kind. 338 WM would be easiest, but if the action was long enough then the .340 Wby is a great one. Course if the action will fit the 340 then one could just take a bigger jump and go straight to the 375 H&H.

Just a thought
I had a kick for the Weatherby's when I was younger and snagged a MarkV in 460 and 340Wby. So yes I think about them. I do not have a Sako in 338WM yet so that is a possibility.
I am going to give another 7mm Rem Mag a shot in this one but have a builder or 2 action lying around. I was looking at the Noslers a bit but components are not as easy to grab as some of the "standard calibers". But nothing is easy to find now for components, fortunately I have most all reloading components for the popular SAAMI cartridges.
Thanks for the suggestions and all the knowledge, I like the conversation.

I have a .325 WSM Model 70 Ultimate Shadow 26" SS barrel, synthetic camo stock. Shoots 1/2 MAO Nosler Accubond 200gr on top of 67gr H4350. I have taken deer, moose, Kudo, Gemsbuck, Bushbuck, Blue Wildbeast, Zerba. (out to 500 no problem) Iight enough for spot and stock, packing in mountains. It packs a punch. If you do you job with shot placement and correct bullet it will take down anything!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.