Recent grizzly attacks on Montana elk hunters

S&W 4'',300 gr. this rides below my hip belt,swivels at brass ring.Rides well with packes I use but quick tie down
IMG_0476.JPG

I had it made,one by a saddle maker,one by local boot repair for my sons.At belt are,pack rides over,then 2'' brass ring.to drop down.You can have snap,I went old school and leather hammer capture,can replace yourself when wore out
IMG_0323.JPG

Lots of comments on here about panicking. Simply put, you can't. You panic you die, or worse your buddy dies and you live. If you're going to be in these woods you have to accept the choice you are making and responsibility you have. There's a reason you stick with certain hunting partners and quickly get rid of ones that don't have the same mindset.

Lots of comments on here about panicking. Simply put, you can't. You panic you die, or worse your buddy dies and you live. If you're going to be in these woods you have to accept the choice you are making and responsibility you have. There's a reason you stick with certain hunting partners and quickly get rid of ones that don't have the same mindset.

this is very well said. Couldn't agree more

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.