Recent grizzly attacks on Montana elk hunters

Seems the grizzly bears are attacking more frequently due to high population numbers
Population density has increased. This is possibly one bear, in one area. That's not exactly epidemic.
I think it might have more to do with the combination of a wounded bear and non-resident hunters.

Last edited:
Yes, we have 3 Grizzlys in the 1 area,,, and 2 in the other,,, the snow flakes up in our area think they are cute and cuddly until they have a close encounter...

It won't be long before the population explodes up here,,, of course the same thing is happening with the Wolves up here as well...

Its definitely an eye opener walking around in the thick of things up here... Your mind is on task at all moments of the day...

Stay sharp and keen expecting the un-expected at all times,,, one never knows what's going to be around the next corner or behind that thick buck brush patch... Locked and loaded before leaving the wheels...

Cheers from the North

The bear density is nuts in that area, in that one drainage which is not all that big there were 20 bears when they flew it. You don't go riding cattle or anything there without being heavily armed. They are spreading like wild fire too.

Seems the grizzly bears are attacking more frequently due to high population numbers
https://www.ammoland.com/2019/09/pi...-on-archery-hunters-in-montana/#axzz61Ie7sMsp.

There have been 3 more maulings since this one all in the same area.
Be safe all of you western hunters out there and bring plenty of pistol with you when in grizzly country.

If it wasn't for the liberal CA judge Dana Charistianson that is on the bench here in MIssoula, MT we would probably have a grizzly season here in MT. I have seen 2 just north of Missoula while hunting. Haven't been out archery hunting this fall due to cancer surgery but out in the woods anytime I have bear spray, and or 44 Mag. Here in MT and WY I would recommend bear spray anytime in the woods.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/09/pi...-on-archery-hunters-in-montana/#axzz61Ie7sMsp.

There have been 3 more maulings since this one all in the same area.
Be safe all of you western hunters out there and bring plenty of pistol with you when in grizzly country.
The Bear population in North West Alberta (blacks) are at a record high for sure! I saw more bears 10 days ago while hunting for a week then I have seen in Thirty years combined. All sows are traveling with at least twins and very common to see triplets. Closest encounter...less than 6 yards. Also three grizzlies where I have never seen one in the past. So indeed stay sharp! Got this one 50 ft from my cabin door

Attachments

• IMG_20190920_091415.jpg
    IMG_20190920_091415.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 345
If they reintroduce them here in Colorado they wont get hunted for 20 years if ever. Luckily our Dow said they dont want to introduce them or wolves for now. But the idiots may vote them to be introduced anyway. But those of us whove hunted northern Colorado have seen both wolves and grizzlies already..

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts