Important Meeting for all Montana Elk hunters

As was stated by OP, just remember that we are all being watched by folks that are always looking to paint the picture of bloodthirsty rednecks to blast over television and social media. I would encourage everyone to keep a level head and fall back on logic and patience, let them get nasty or sneaky if they will, but if we are going to get this to take flight we must unite as a rational, well-educated and positive-thinking group of sportsmen. Just think, Steven Rinella, if he wouldn't act or respond that way, neither should you. He's a very influential person and he falls back on education, logic and regulated compassion.

Im going to try and my it with my current hunting journal that starts in 2010.Close when wolfs started showing in numbers where i hunt,have days hunted game seen taken etc.2014 had 71 days in took only a moose and meat buck last day.Im going to ear mark and have notes on wolf,and my major drop in elk harvest for me in NWMT along with deer and also mt track record.I use to see John Vorie regular at F&G to get game scored,dont think he is still there .Trout creek had large turn out,ive spent much time near that area and into ID panhandle.Hope to see you Steve its been awhile since archery days.

It sounds like the Trout Creek meeting got a little loud. Hopefully, we can all be on our best behavior this go round.
One of the things that comes to my mind with this F4WM program, is the tourism aspect.
I know there are many construction people (among others) who are laid off all winter. Many of them are hunters. If we could get them to come out and help us thin the wolf population a bit, with the possibility of getting partially reimbursed, it would boost the economy in some of these small towns that have seen their hunting tourism falter due to lower elk and deer numbers.
The pro-wolf people like to point towards the tourism dollar as a reason to have more wolves. Let's us the same focus as a good reason to HUNT them!

Easy on the Construction Guys !
I would enjoy a lay off ! I got enough time off this Summer with my Open Heart Surgery. But I'm still out there hunting for a Wolf !

That's certainly your choice, Muley, but what a great opportunity.
What I can see coming out of this is an opportunity for local economies to receive a boost from both Montana residents who don't necessarily live in areas with high populations, but also from out-of-staters who would like to come help.
With this program, they could make a trip out here- stimulating the local economy in the process- and could potentially have their expenses partially paid for. And since this is paid for with donations instead of tax money, it means we could have some help controlling the wolf population without it coming out of the tax coffers!
You can be a stick in the mud if you'd like, but I think it sounds like a great program.
This is a lot more positive than doing ones own program, that's for sure. The membership is cheap too.
I am halfway through getting the first meeting scheduled for Wyoming to try and get enough interest to get it off the ground here.
RMEF is very willing and is helping with meeting organization.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.