reccomend powder for 22-250

h380 was the powder designed for the 22250 and is still a good one. I also like benchmark and varget.

I have owned many 22-250's and as tigguy points out, there are numerous great powders for the caliber. What works well in one gun, may not do so in another. Notice that most of these are in the medium burn range. You need to find a good reloading manual and use it as a guide.

My newest is a factory Rem 700 VS, and I have tried many good bullets and powders, but it is a contemptable gun and 5 shot groups at 100 yds. were consistently above 1". My best load so far is 40.0 grains of AA2700 and the 53 gr. Sierra MK, with CCI 200 primer. Groups now average about 3/4" and I think that is about as well as it will do. Exchanging the factory barrel for a custom would certainly help.

Last edited:
SKY- you do not say what rifle. if you are shooting a rem 700 . 35.5 of benchmark and a 50 balistic tip . less than .5"

Cooper Model 22
38 grains H380
52 grain Berger
Norma Brass
BR-2

This has been a consistently performing load for me.

my rifle is a Weatherby vangard, rifling is 1-14 twist. So far iv'e used only imr8208 powder and have had 1 inch groups at 100yds. I will try the other suggested powders as well, I know the gun is capable of better accuracy if I find the right recipie. Thank you for all the comments.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.