Recap of the URSA NorCal May ‘21 event

ELR Researcher

Recap of the URSA NorCal May '21 event (by RD, Lynn Dragoman; build info and comments from Oscar)

We had 5 shooters and 5 guns on the line at 2054 yards. All five shooters are Calguns regulars and a tough group of competitors.

In the first match I went 4/4 and WhiteMamba went 4 in 6 at 2054 to move on to 2502 yards. WhiteMamba beat me 3 hits to 2. Nice shooting WhiteMamba!!!

In the second match it came down to RickyRacer87, WhiteMamba, and myself at 2502 yards and RickyRacer87 took the win. I was Runner-Up in a two-shot sudden death shoot off. Way to go RickyRacer87!!!

Our newest shooter, Moodolistic here on Calguns, had a case head separation, so I gave him some of my ammo and, after we got him spotted, he got 2 hits at 2054 yards during the qualification round of the second match. Nice when you can put adversity behind you and keep getting hits.

Weather was good and we hope to see everyone back in June, which is our last match before we close down for deer season. We'll start back up again in October.

WhiteMamba was shooting 300 gr Berger OTMs out of his Billy Goat Machine/BGM-re-barreled Desert Tech SRS-A2 with Schmidt & Bender 3-27x56 scope.

I was shooting Cutting Edge 377 gr MTACs out of his Billy Goat Machine/BMG-built .375 CheyTac with Stiller TAC 408 (1.600) action, K&P 36" barrel, McMillan HBR, barrel-blocked stock, and March 5-42x56 (wide angle) scope with Barrett rings and a 60 MOA Pic rail.

RickyRacer was shooting 300 gr Hornady A-TIPs out of his Billy Goat Machine/BGM-built .338 LM AI (Ackley Improved) with BGM "OVIS" (Defiance Deviant Tactical) action, Bartlein 31.5" barrel, Manners T5A stock, Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 SFP scope, and ERATAC 0-70 MOA adjustable base/rings.