Recall - 2013 TAC Elite/Ordnance man. prior to Nov 1st

It's hard to believe, but the spacer change does solve the clearance issue. I've changed some myself and confirmed that there is no vane contact after the change.

The TAC 15 had the same sting stop rods (same diameter) and didn't have vane contact issues because they had the cam spacers installed correctly with more spacers below than above.

The rubber string stops get glued onto the rods so there is not a problem when the string hits the stops above center.

As to your arrow pointing down - this can be changed by adjusting the twists in the buss cables so that the arrow rest can be moved up and still be paper tuned. There's a limit to how high you want the rest though. At some point, you won't be able to site your scope in at close range like 20 yards.

Obviously it's disappointing that fixes need to be made, but I am very confident in the fixes PSE will be doing. The fixes are very small detail type things, not major redesigns. The Elite and Ordnance Crossbows will perform just as well as the TAC 15 has but with fewer warranty issues.

Andy, Is it possible that after they beefed up the limbs, the space between the upper and lower limbs on the Elite is smaller than on the Tac 15 thereby causing the fletching contact? I hope this spacer adjustment fixes the problem. As for the rubber string stops, the ones on my Elite were not glued and popped off a couple of times after a shot. Can you recommend a glue to use on these.

Mike - I really think it only has to do with the spacers.

Any type of super glue or fletching glue works good for the rubber string stops.

I want to report that I have been in contact with most of my more than 50 TAC Elite and Ordnance customers to ask how their recall experience went and how their bows are performing post-recall.

The replies are trickling in and so far they have all been positive. The recall process went smooth with good communication and typically took about 3 weeks.

The bows are shooting great with no negative comments from any of my customers (other than having to go through the recall of course).

Here's a link to a review I posted by one of my newer TAC Elite customers who's bow was built after the recall. He shot 2 1/4" groups his first time shooting at 100 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.