rebarrel sako 75 ?

Petersen

I think my sako 7mm stw may need a new barrel. I dont know what direction to go with this.

I will use the gun for shooting out to 700 yds. I have a 338.300 rum for the longer stuff.

I have heard the sako is a good enough action that only the receiver face needs to be trued. ??? Any gunsmiths out there that work on a lot of sako actions??

Caliber? I want to keep it with no brake. The recoil of the stw does not bug me especially for a hunting rifle. I dont think i want to get into the ultra mags on this one.

please share any ideas or info.. thanks..

Hi sako's are very popular downunder,so quite a few get a rebarrel here,they are very well built though i am not sure of the work required to blueprint the action,i can't imagine much,i do believe they have a different thread being that they are made in europe,i would also stick to the 7stw.

I've a 7-08 with a l-o-n-g throat, handloads have 140g boat-tail rounds barely in the brass.
I love the slick 75 action, and I want a 6.5CM to suppress. Should I rebarrel, or buy something new?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts