Rear Rest Fill

I robbed 'my deer' of some of their cracked corn recently to fill up a Caldwell Tackdriver bag. Figured why not…..was gonna shoot a couple of them using that bag anyways. 😇

Might try some of this. It's what's used to fill the 'doggone good bags'.

It's pricey but I like my rear bag that has Git-Lite fill. It's light but compresses down solid.

I use this in my carry/hunting bag. Highly recommend it.

They have several different media for rests. Don't want one too light, this is for "F" class shooting. You have to carry everything with you to the shoot position. Already have the max weight for rifle, Viper rest is HEAVY, don't need another 25 lbs for a rear rest, but need stability. When using the Viper Rest it is like your rifle is in a VISE IMO it is the BEST rest in the world!
Appreciate the help!!!
My suggestion is to get a collapsible 4 wheeled pull cart , that opens-up to the size of the kid's Red Flyer wagon (with higher sides) , to carry all of your equipment from the parking lot to the shooting stations . I have seen many competitors in F-Class using them , as well as I used to do so when I shot in those events .
I got mine from Sam's Club years ago .

That way , you can fill your rear bag with sand for maximum stability .

DMP25-06

For my small rear bag (6.3"L x 2.4"W x 3.5"H) I just used some small beads my daugher had lying around (about the size of airsoft pellets) and it seems to work fine. I put them in a plastic baggie and I tried not to over fill to allow more room for compression.

Attachments

• M700-72 (Bag Filling).jpg
    M700-72 (Bag Filling).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
My suggestion is to get a collapsible 4 wheeled pull cart , that opens-up to the size of the kid's Red Flyer wagon (with higher sides) , to carry all of your equipment from the parking lot to the shooting stations . I have seen many competitors in F-Class using them , as well as I used to do so when I shot in those events .
I got mine from Sam's Club years ago .

That way , you can fill your rear bag with sand for maximum stability .

DMP25-06
I saw some real nice carts at PRS and 3 Gun - converted three wheel children's cart. The kind people use to put their child in and then go running.
Thanks

I've been wondering about trying a spray foam....rigid ears with added sand to bottom for a touch of weight...

My rear bag weighs in at 30 lbs. Filled with clean/baked sand.
There are are several carts for shooting https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1015095730
I think that I am going to DYI cart that way I can modify it. If I have a cart I don't have to worry too much about weight.

Thanks
Much

Attachments

• Edgewood Rear Rest.jpg
    Edgewood Rear Rest.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 19
I have a large rear shooting rest. What is a good fill for a rear rest. I put sand in, but made it too heavy, I also tried using rice still too heavy.
Thanks
Len
I also purchased a large rear bag and was not excited by the various fills available and being touted online. They were either too heavy or were not capable of effective manipulation for fine tuning my POA and retaining it from shot to shot (my rifle is a 300WM).
One day while cleaning our horses stalls I was thinking about what to use in my new bag while spreading clean fine wood shavings on the stall floors. As I was scooping up another large scoop of shavings I had a brainfart, why not try these fine shavings? I did, viola, they work perfectly! They fill the bag easily, packed perfectly, are extremely light, manipulate easily and retain shape from shot to shot, are nice and firm but not too stout. My bag is waterproof so no worries about the shavings getting wet. The fine 4.5 cuft shavings that I am using have proven to be exactly what I was looking for. I am amazingly pleased with my brainfart! I highly recommend them. DocB

I also purchased a large rear bag and was not excited by the various fills available and being touted online. They were either too heavy or were not capable of effective manipulation for fine tuning my POA and retaining it from shot to shot (my rifle is a 300WM).
One day while cleaning our horses stalls I was thinking about what to use in my new bag while spreading clean fine wood shavings on the stall floors. As I was scooping up another large scoop of shavings I had a brainfart, why not try these fine shavings? I did, viola, they work perfectly! They fill the bag easily, packed perfectly, are extremely light, manipulate easily and retain shape from shot to shot, are nice and firm but not too stout. My bag is waterproof so no worries about the shavings getting wet. The fine 4.5 cuft shavings that I am using have proven to be exactly what I was looking for. I am amazingly pleased with my brainfart! I highly recommend them. DocB
These are the shavings I am using. As you can see they are quite fine and very light.
IMG_20211031_125416438.jpg
IMG_20211031_125703268.jpg
IMG_20211031_125416438.jpg
IMG_20211031_125703268.jpg