Re: Ian McMurchy

old powder burner

I have been burning powder for about sixty years and live in the southwest mountains of Pennsylvania. This area is prime whitetail hunting in which I have always participated.
I just read of the death of Ian McMurchy, shocking. Being a rookie, on this site, I knew little of Mr. McMurchy. After reading the many posts about Mr. Murchy I am sure that the man was a legend. All of you the had the great opportunity to interact with this man are fortunate. We all have fond recollection of a person that has touched our lives and will never be forgotten. We are the few that must keep his memory alive. Never let it be said that this man is forgotten.
My thoughs and prayers go to his family.

Good to find this site for a sizable number of articles on shooting and hunting...I'm sorry to hear of Ian's death...he has had some great and true information on many of his articles.. and I usually have learned something from all of them.
I'm an old Florida cracker, who grew up hunting, shooting and fishing, throwing knives, and whipcracking....along with having to work for a living..I have lived from NYC to Santa Fe, NM, but usually come home to my old home and enough acreage to give me some insulation from all the folks moving up here from south Fla., and down from the frigid north....
Have handloaded and shot for the last 50 years....from the first Lyman Ideal to the modern progressives...might have a bit to share or still have the good sence to learn a thing or two. Here's to keeping the freedom we have had for the next 50 years...with or without the backing of a new president! Remember our rights don't come from him....the second ammemdment was an easy guarantee back a few years ago, but these days, we have to continue to work to keep it there! And may God Bless America!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.