re-chamber the Browning X bolt

pig ranch deadeye

Does anybody know if a Browning X Bolt can be re-chambered without unscrewing the barrel? Forgive my ignorance, I don't know very much about gunsmithing. I once had a Browning A bolt and removing the barrel was hard, my gunsmith told me, as it had been attached with glue of some sort. The plan would be to rechamber an X Bolt from 7mm Rem Mag to 7mm Mashburn Super mag. A penny for your thoughts.

I just rebarreled mine with a mcgowen prefit. I took the barrel off myself, not too hard if you have the correct tools. Kind of an oddball cartridge, if your not stuck on it a 7stw would be an good one too or a 7rum.

I just rebarreled mine with a mcgowen prefit. I took the barrel off myself, not too hard if you have the correct tools. Kind of an oddball cartridge, if your not stuck on it a 7stw would be an good one too or a 7rum.
I had a 7mm STW but I thought it burned too much powder and made too much muzzle blast to be practical. The Mashburn only uses roughly 5 or 6 grains more powder than the 7mm Rem Mag - just right.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.