Need Berger Load Info with a Browning X Bolt in 7mm Rem Mag.

kimberyote

I will be loading for an Xbolt, in 7mm rem mag that I do not have in my possession yet.
I am looking for load info that works with this rifle and a 168 grain berger VLD.
This set up will be used for an elk hunt in Utah this october. Thanks everybody.
Oh, and one more thing. Any accuracy enhancements need to be done to an Xbolt?

I will be loading for an Xbolt, in 7mm rem mag that I do not have in my possession yet.
I am looking for load info that works with this rifle and a 168 grain berger VLD.
This set up will be used for an elk hunt in Utah this october. Thanks everybody.
Oh, and one more thing. Any accuracy enhancements need to be done to an Xbolt?

Bedding the rifle and free floating the barrel will definitely increase the accuracy of the rifle, along with a good trigger.

I believe it comes free floated. I saw a video on how to replace the spring in the trigger to get the weight down to 2 LBS.
I guess I'll start off with an OCW test with either Retumbo, RL25, H1000, or IMR 7828.
Im wondering how the Xbolt groups with the Bergers from Xbolt & mag owners.

I believe it comes free floated. I saw a video on how to replace the spring in the trigger to get the weight down to 2 LBS.
I guess I'll start off with an OCW test with either Retumbo, RL25, H1000, or IMR 7828.
Im wondering how the Xbolt groups with the Bergers from Xbolt & mag owners.

What's your barrel length? May want to start with faster powders.

It is free floated, but i went ahead and glass beaded my action and replaced the trigger spring. I used a custom made spring and got mine down to 1 1/2 lbs. My 7mm likes 168 bergers. 1/2 moa gun

I have a x-bolt in 7mm rem mag with a vortex viper pst ffp scope. I load it with Winchester brass, Winchester WRLM primer, 71gr of retumbo, 168gr Berger vld(which I am out of and can't find any, anywhere!) Set .005 off the lands. This load shoots 3032fps, .75"groups@ 100 yards, inside of 10"@ 1000yrds. I live in south east Utah and killed a bull elk this fall with it, one shot kill @ 608 yards. Mine shoots them great for a hunting rig, yours should to. I hear the 7mm really likes H1000 but from my experience the vld's really like retumbo, no matter what cartridge it is.

That's awesome stuff! Thank you very much!
Several years ago I was researching loads for a 338 lapua that I was working with. There were a couple of loads that seemed to be coming up with different members and I took a chance and tried one. Wow! You talk about saving time and money! 1/2 MOA at 600 yards is some money saving info. I love this place!
I know every canon is different and that safety is first. Loads should be worked up for sure.
This is what makes reloading fun! It's like having answers to the teacher's test! :)
I have really struggled in the past truing to find a load that will group. This is a relief!

I have Tikka 7mm Rem Mag that I load 70.7 grs of H1000 and the OAL is 3.420 with CCI 250 primers and the velocity is 2942 fps. I took a cow elk with this gun at 886 yards in Janurary. This is with the 168 Berger VLDs.

I am interested in the X-Bolt as well.

The 4 pound trigger has turned me off. Are you just cutting loops off the return spring or buying a different spring?

My second question is about the magazine length. What is the maximum length that the magazine will accomidate in 7mm Rem Mag?

Also in the WSM configuration if anyone knows that? Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.