RCBS VS Lee in 50BMG

jimisbell

I have already read much of the RCBS VS Lee posts, but in this case I am asking about the 50 BMG presses as they are a whole 'nother world.
I already had a Lee loading press with Lee dies for 50 BMG when I purchased my 50 BMG rifle. I bought it new and it is yet to be used. That new rifle came with an RCBS press and a set of M2 Precision 50 BMG Match tools. And a set of custom sizing dies matched to the chamber of my particular gun.
I have not started reloading the 50 BMG yet as I still have 700 rounds of factory loads. I will be burning these in practice and will be left with some once fired LC 2020 brass. I also have about 200 cases that I have yet to sort, some of them neck turned which is what the M2 Prrecision dies require. I assume that the Lee dies have no such requirement and will handle the LC brass without turning.

I know this is a stupid question as it seems obvious what the answer is, but which setup is the best? Maybe I am missing something here and I dont want to go off half cocked with the preconceived idea that the RCBS is a lot more expensive so must be better.
I will probably sell the lesser of the two.

I also have a precision metal lathe that I can use to neck turn all the brass if that becomes necessary.

Last edited:

Recent Posts