Rangefinder for deer out to 1000yds + under $250?

I had a leica(quit working) I will call and see if I can get it repairs. In the mean time I picked up a Leupold 1600. I looked at all the rangefinders at sportsman's warehouse and liked the Leupold the best, even compared to the new Leica I checked out

The Sig Kilo suggested is going to be tough to beat. Not sure about reliably over 1k on deer that's asking a lot. I've hit WAY past that on reflective objects - over 3k.

Ive been using the Leupold TBR's for around 10 yrs. I sold both of my 1200's and bought the 1600 TBR's. You got a good deal. I think i paid like $25 more a piece for mine. They will range a deer to 1k but it needs to be a clear day and absolutely nothing else around the deer. Not weeds, grass, trees etc... However i did get mine to range to 1830yds on a few different occasions (reflective). Im not sure how its possible or how the software works in them but I put up an old stop sign next to my steel LR target's and backed up beyond 1600 and it worked out to 1830yds. Good luck and have fun.

Maybe a moot point now, but just a data point to consider... I have a sig kilo 2200 bdx, and while with good conditions and reflective target it might outrange my friend's Leica 1600, when conditions get poor and target gets less reflective his will often outrange mine. No firsthand experience with the Leupold (aside from an 850 that is way outclassed by everything being discussed here).

I had a leica(quit working) I will call and see if I can get it repairs. In the mean time I picked up a Leupold 1600. I looked at all the rangefinders at sportsman's warehouse and liked the Leupold the best, even compared to the new Leica I checked out

Leica has decent customer service once you get through to them.
Now saying that the Leupold does not come close. It is great but it isn't quite in the same league. I have the Leica 1600b and my brother has the Leupold.
When side by side ranging targets at anything over 800 yards it is very noticeable. And as far as glass I still believe a lot has to do with preference. I've never had a Leupold impress me but people I know and respect to ha e better taste than me love them. My eyes just don't.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.