Rangefinder Binocular

T-rev

I'm considering getting a rangefinder binocular for this coming season. I'm tired of fumbling back and forth between my current rangefinder and set of binoculars. Does anyone have any experience with them and suggestions? Are they worth the cost? They seem to range from the $900's for the Vortex Fury clear up to over $3000 for the Zeiss, Leica and Swarovski. Thanks for the help.

I have the Furys and so far I have been impressed. Haven't used them hunting yet, but no issues scouting. Wanted to see how accurate they were and ranged a couple trees in the orchard. Each tree is 18 ft apart and it consistently showed 6 yds increments from row to row so I was impressed. Let my dad look throw them and he couldn't believe how clear they were.

Only thing that surprised me when I first got them was how heavy they are compared to normal binos of the same power. I'm sure the Swaros or Leicas have better glass, but I'm happy with the 900 spent.

Had a set of fury's very nice as Ross stated I later got a set of Leica's (used) 10x42 hd's they are better glass and abit faster ranging....My eyes like the extra help that I can afford .U wont be unhappy with the fury's great to have two tools in one.

My son has a pair of the Leica Hd-b 2200's which I've had a good opportunity to play with. I consistently ranged objects from 1800-2000 yards with a few farther than that. I really like the ballistic app that you can customize too. Needless to say optics were great. I have standard 10x42 Swarovskis and I can't tell any difference in the quality though some guys seem to see minor differences in colors. Downside of course is price. There's deals to be found on the 2200's but not so for the newer model 3000's which I covet.

I had the old Leica 2200 and now have the hdb 3000. And yes they are worth it. I wasn't sure until I bought the hbd's had them a season and they came up missing so I had to replace them. As much as I hated spending the money on them they are amazing. I'm glad I had enough cabelas points to buy my first set or I would have never spent that much.

The new Vortex Fury 5000 seems hard to beat for the price. Would there be a big noticeable difference in the glass between those and the Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss?

the sig sauer kilo 3000 bdx is on my hit list ranges out to 3000/5000 yds

has AB lite in it for shots out to 800

but will pair to a kestrel 5700 for even longer shots. plus has angle compensation and will even pair to their BDX scopes.

the sig sauer kilo 3000 bdx is on my hit list ranges out to 3000/5000 yds

has AB lite in it for shots out to 800

but will pair to a kestrel 5700 for even longer shots. plus has angle compensation and will even pair to their BDX scopes.

This is the pair that can not be beat for price and what you can do with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.