Rangefinder’s inclinations/declinations

The Range Finders with AB Engine (more specifically the Elite engine) do not have a limit. If you can range it, even if its 85 degrees it will calculate it.

Our engine does not simply cosine it out. Our engine accounts for variants in air pressure as you go uphill and downhill and the variants in gravity for uphill vs downhill as well as other things.
Time of flight is the big one IMO - sure, the range over level ground will be much less than the straight line, but that bullet still has to travel through more air. It hits high, but not as high as the straight line distance would predict.

Time of flight is the big one IMO - sure, the range over level ground will be much less than the straight line, but that bullet still has to travel through more air. It hits high, but not as high as the straight line distance would predict.
Among other things yes. It is way more complex. But our engine does it all for you.

Sierra has a real good article on this somewhere online.
Basically, Correcting for horizontal distance per slope is actually wrong.
bullet PATH has to be adjusted instead. That means it has to be done in ballistic software that does it, and a slope corrected laser ranging doesn't help any. I believe you just need the degrees of slope from an ACI. If laser ranging provides the degrees of slope, that could be helpful.

Sierra has a real good article on this somewhere online.
Basically, Correcting for horizontal distance per slope is actually wrong.
bullet PATH has to be adjusted instead. That means it has to be done in ballistic software that does it, and a slope corrected laser ranging doesn't help any. I believe you just need the degrees of slope from an ACI. If laser ranging provides the degrees of slope, that could be helpful.

I will say this is not entirely true. Range Finders with our engine in them absolutely correct appropriately.

This statement is true if we are only talking about AMR or Angle Modified Ranging.

Is it even practical to worry about hunting in terrain thats steep enough to question a rangefinders angle limit?

Years ago I was going on an "expensive" for me hunt, so I bought what I could affort. Leica 1600B. It has served me well for what I need. It gives me angle, distance, pressure, temeperature, and if I select a ballistics curve close to mine, it can give me what I need to adjust my scope. For sure there are a lot better ones out there, but for my needs, it is still goo enough.

I will say this is not entirely true. Range Finders with our engine in them absolutely correct appropriately.

This statement is true if we are only talking about AMR or Angle Modified Ranging.
The first version of Sierra's ballistic software used the Rifleman's Rule to correct for angles. I was not impressed.

Range Finders with our engine in them absolutely correct appropriately.
That's good.
Per Sierra, and with sound basis, the ballistic adjustment for slope shooting applies to PATH.
It is PATH + (DROP + (-(DROP*(1-COS(DegAngle*PI()/180)))))

Just wanted folks to know there is more to this(and different) than a simple adjusted horizontal difference in range.
I have seen that golfing laser ranging, adjusting for 'true' distance, is dead wrong for golf shots.
For analogy, for golfing, the elevation difference range adjustment to target changes whether uphill or downhill.
For a green 20yds higher than my position, I should increase my shot yardage by [1/3 of 20](~6.7yds).
For a green 20yds lower than my position, I should reduce my shot yardage by [1/4 of 20](5yds).

I realize golf is different, and that the POA hold is lower with shooting at either +/- slope.
But (DROP) is affected similar to a golf shot..
We don't use DROP, but rather PATH. However, DROP is included in calculating PATH.