Ramshot magnum and 7 RUM??

7Rumloader

Does anyone have any experience with the ramshot magnum powder and 7 rum with nosler BT's ( 140 and 150 grain ), Accubonds ( 160 grain ), barnes TSX ( 160 grain ) XBT's ( 140 grain )or sierra SMK's ( 168 grain )?? My powder just came in from powder valley and I am looking a starting point on any of these bullets. Whats the burn rate comparable to??

7RUMloader:

Go HERE and click on burn rates at the left and it will give you the chart with all Ramshot powders included.

I don't have any experience with the 7Rum but I will be trying loads Sunday with Ramshot Magnum using Wildcat 142 grain ULD's in a 264 mag and Wildcat 169.5 grain ULD's in a 7mm Wby. The stuff sure meters and weighs nice.

Thanks ss7mm! I had never noticed their burn rate chart on the site. According to the burn rate I'm thinking it will work better on my 140's and 150's maybe the 160's too. The H-1000 has been a good performer on the 140's and 150's and the magnum is in between it and RL25 so it should work great. If this stuff performs good I will have to buy it in 8 pound jugs as well! These cannons sure have an appetite for powder! The sad thing is when Kirby finishes my 270 AM I'm sending him this one to punch it out to 300 RUM for a even bigger hunger!

7RUMloader:

Do you have QuickLoad to see what it says?

I ran some numbers in QuickLoad to see what it says about the 7RUM and Ramshot Magnum is right up there on the list of recommended powders for pressure and % fill. Give it a try and let us know.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.