Raised cheek comb

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Goobie270, May 31, 2018.

1. Goobie270

Goobie270 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a place with a large selection of aftermarket cheek comb risers?. I have a rem 5r 700 and I need to get my cheek higher to see through the scope as I have it mounted as low as I can go.

2. jpfrog

jpfrog Well-Known Member

Are you wanting to use a stock pack or a kydex riser that requires modifications to the HS stock? I recently went through the exact same issue as you. Ordered a Triad stock pack after receiving recommendations from the forum and couldn’t be happier. Plus it doesn’t require modifications to the stock and I can switch it from rifle to rifle, and it has a zipper pouch and storage for a spare mag.

clownbuster and Rick Richard like this.
  3. Rick Richard

Rick Richard Well-Known Member

Yep, stock pack.

4. Country Bumpkin

Country Bumpkin Well-Known Member

I’m with him, I love my triad stock pad/pack. It has ammo loops on the outside, and I can fit a range card and either a small range finder or, more often than not, my clip in there.

5. WeiserBucks

WeiserBucks Well-Known Member

Triad for the win ! Thank us later

jjmp likes this.
  6. Goobie270

Thanks everyone, I have the triad stock pad on it right now, but I was wondering about the other hard riser.

7. Country Bumpkin

Country Bumpkin Well-Known Member

If that’s still not enough, did you try shimming up under that?

I don’t have any experience with the hard risers.

8. Goobie270

Yeah I did raise it, I was thinking I'd like the feel of the material of the stock more and might be more comfortable

9. Idaho5r

Idaho5r Well-Known Member

I Love my Triad stock pad/packs!!!!!! Like others said, maybe a bit more shim is needed. I personally Don't like the hard plastic types!!!!!!

10. jbur13

jbur13 Member

I made mine. Bought some Kydex on Amazon, drew out the template, cut, heat and mold. I used rubber wellnuts in the stock and when you screw the screws in, it tightens up. super light weight and a lot slimmer looking than the big bolts going all the way through the stock. 20180531_202517.jpg

JJMoody likes this.
  11. LaHunter

LaHunter Well-Known Member

I ran a stock pack for years and it did ok, just didn't position my head quite high. I recently installed a Karsten Kydex cheek riser on my HS Precision stock (yes, you will have to drill 2 holes in the stock). I have had one range session with it and I am very happy with it. It can be positioned so that you can get a perfect / relaxed cheek weld with perfect eye alignment. Just watch the youtube videos and follow the instructions on the installation and you will be fine.

12. Goobie270

Alright thanks everyone!

13. Doc88

Doc88 Well-Known Member

14. kfreeze

kfreeze Well-Known Member

I like my tactical sharpshooter brand stock pack. They only go good on a stock with a larger butt section though, like the manners eh5 I have it on. For something smaller like a normal factory stock the triad one fits better.