Raised cheek comb

Goobie270

Does anyone know of a place with a large selection of aftermarket cheek comb risers?. I have a rem 5r 700 and I need to get my cheek higher to see through the scope as I have it mounted as low as I can go.

Are you wanting to use a stock pack or a kydex riser that requires modifications to the HS stock? I recently went through the exact same issue as you. Ordered a Triad stock pack after receiving recommendations from the forum and couldn't be happier. Plus it doesn't require modifications to the stock and I can switch it from rifle to rifle, and it has a zipper pouch and storage for a spare mag.

I'm with him, I love my triad stock pad/pack. It has ammo loops on the outside, and I can fit a range card and either a small range finder or, more often than not, my clip in there.

Thanks everyone, I have the triad stock pad on it right now, but I was wondering about the other hard riser.

Yeah I did raise it, I was thinking I'd like the feel of the material of the stock more and might be more comfortable

I made mine. Bought some Kydex on Amazon, drew out the template, cut, heat and mold. I used rubber wellnuts in the stock and when you screw the screws in, it tightens up. super light weight and a lot slimmer looking than the big bolts going all the way through the stock. 20180531_202517.jpg

I ran a stock pack for years and it did ok, just didn't position my head quite high. I recently installed a Karsten Kydex cheek riser on my HS Precision stock (yes, you will have to drill 2 holes in the stock). I have had one range session with it and I am very happy with it. It can be positioned so that you can get a perfect / relaxed cheek weld with perfect eye alignment. Just watch the youtube videos and follow the instructions on the installation and you will be fine.

I like my tactical sharpshooter brand stock pack. They only go good on a stock with a larger butt section though, like the manners eh5 I have it on. For something smaller like a normal factory stock the triad one fits better.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.