Quickload

Cornholeo

Thinking of dropping the hammer on Quickload software. Getting ready for my first wildcat cartridge, the 7SS, and not as easy to find load data for a wide variety of bullets out there. For those that use it, will it be the resource to go to to figure out load load start points?
TIA!

Thinking of dropping the hammer on Quickload software. Getting ready for my first wildcat cartridge, the 7SS, and not as easy to find load data for a wide variety of bullets out there. For those that use it, will it be the resource to go to to figure out load load start points?
TIA!
There is a lot of data on the Sherman Group on FB

Quickload is a great tool for reloaders, I have it and have found it very useful. As far as coming up with data for the 7 SS, that cartridge isn't in the Quickload database. Quickload initial data is a guess, it requires some tweaking and refinement to get good data out of it. Specifically case capacity of H20 and burn rate +/- 4% usually

It doesn't matter if the 7 SS is in the QuickLoad list of cartridges, you can create your own by modifying the 7 SAUM cartridge.

It doesn't matter if the 7 SS is in the QuickLoad list of cartridges, you can create your own by modifying the 7 SAUM cartridge.
Never using Quickload I am ignorant of how you would do that. Is that easy task to complete with the software?

Never using Quickload I am ignorant of how you would do that. Is that easy task to complete with the software?
If you also had Quick design you could create the actual cartridge but as always Quickload is just a guess as there is a lot that can't be accounted for. Lot to lot variations in powder, primers (what brand and magnum vs standard), brass metallurgy, barrel friction, neck tension, bullet jump, reamer design (SAAMI vs custom), etc...... it's a great tool and I like it but it can give you data that is dead on or 200 FPS and a few thousand PSI off. Kind of like assuming that what a reloading manual says will give you the same velocity and pressure.

Last edited:
been using quickload and quickdesign for years they are good tools for the experienced reloader. they take a lot of time to get comfortable with and should be used in conjunction with a reloading manual until you figure out all the little adjustments needed to make proper calculations. remember it is not a reloading manual

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.