Quickload

embork

just wanted to let people know new quickload update is out and IMR's new enduron powders are on it. update is of Dec 2016 embork

just wanted to let people know new quickload update is out and IMR's new enduron powders are on it. update is of Dec 2016 embork

Thank you. I like to keep up to date. I have some of the new IMR powders but have never tried the factory loads.

In the update, did they also happen to include Alliant Power Pro 300-MP magnum pistol powder? It's similar to H110 and W296, but slightly slower. I've been looking for data for my .300 Blackout.

it has alliant power pistol. I don't reload pistol so I'm not familiar with them

No , power pro is not listed .

****... When are they going to add that one... Once they do, I'll purchase QL. Been waiting on that one, because I can get/find data for everything else I shoot. But would like to run sims on other potential powders for certain cartridges and some of the wildcats I've got designed but haven't had any reamers cut yet.

****... When are they going to add that one... Once they do, I'll purchase QL. Been waiting on that one, because I can get/find data for everything else I shoot. But would like to run sims on other potential powders for certain cartridges and some of the wildcats I've got designed but haven't had any reamers cut yet.

we were talking about quickload ,on another forum, a couple days ago . a guy asked about info on cutting edge bullets . quickload does not have cutting edge bullets . I don't use those bullets so I never looked for them . it's probably hard for quickload to keep up .

Bullet brand doesn't matter to internal ballistics. You pick a bullet flat base or boat tail, enter your shank seating depth., it's weight, starting pressure if touching lands, check friction proofing if using moly(only moly).

I don't see why the folks at QL would expend resources testing every fly by night remerchandising of powders. And I don't understand why anyone would buy/use those powders until tested information was available.
So the powder companies, who are seemingly competing with themselves, need to be testing & submitting all info to QL providers, or at least on their own websites -before releasing new powders.
Though I'm sure they think you'll buy every shiny new powder regardless of credible information about it. That you'll follow the ads & hype & hearsay.

Ultimately, you'll find out what you hold when you shoot it, and then you can calibrate QL for this.

Bullet brand doesn't matter to internal ballistics. You pick a bullet flat base or boat tail, enter your shank seating depth., it's weight, starting pressure if touching lands, check friction proofing if using moly(only moly).

I don't see why the folks at QL would expend resources testing every fly by night remerchandising of powders. And I don't understand why anyone would buy/use those powders until tested information was available.
So the powder companies, who are seemingly competing with themselves, need to be testing & submitting all info to QL providers, or at least on their own websites -before releasing new powders.
Though I'm sure they think you'll buy every shiny new powder regardless of credible information about it. That you'll follow the ads & hype & hearsay.

Ultimately, you'll find out what you hold when you shoot it, and then you can calibrate QL for this.

All the dimensions and BCs for the bullets are their. I just enter the CEB, Hammer or Flatline data.

we were talking about quickload ,on another forum, a couple days ago . a guy asked about info on cutting edge bullets . quickload does not have cutting edge bullets . I don't use those bullets so I never looked for them . it's probably hard for quickload to keep up .

Alliant 300-MP has been out for over a decade... They should have already caught-up. :rolleyes:

See above post... It is not a "fly-by-night" powder. It has been around more than long enough to be established.

And FWIW

Cutting Edge Bullets is listed in the V3.9 version of QL,
you just have to do a caliber/diameter specific bullet file to find ALL bullets in QL.

YMMV,

Tia,
Don

I think I have the newest update 12/23/2016 . I have the enduron powders . I still can't find cutting edge bullets by doing a bullet dia search . the other day we were talking about a 375 ruger using a 300 gr cutting edge bullet . when I set up for 375 dia and go to 300 gr I go from Colorado bonded bullet to FMJ RN . I don't know ? am I missing something ? thanks for any help . Jim

Jim

Cutting Edge Bullets is listed in the main library for bullets, in V.3.9
just click on the select bullet section and slide the right hand button down,
which will show all the bullet brand names, then click on CEB,
and their bullet will show up in the bullet section etc.

You can also go to the 7th Icon at the top left and click on it,
it will open another choice, for bullet diameter selections,
put the correct diameter, 0.375,
then click OK,
when you go back to the bullet selection bar,
just click on it and CEB will show up,
just scroll down to the weight you want to use etc.

HTH,

Tia,
Don

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.