questions on the k-hornet

Possum284

I have a savage model 40 in 22 hornet and want to rechamber to some form of k-hornet or a different variant I just want to know which variant of the regular hornet provides the most increase in performance. bsicaly which one shoots fastest and I already know if I want more velocity get a bigger. I'm workin on that too. Thabks for any help

Tyhe K-Hornet is a nice upgrade to the regular hornat if you reload and your brass will last longer also , the K-hornet is the biggest thing I'd put in a Savage M-40 , I think they are now making a 223 on the M-40 but I'm not sure what the changes are.

If you want some outstanding accuracy out of a hornet action. I am going to say drop down to the 17 cal. I have a buddy with a 17 ackly hornet. He is getting 3500 to 3900 fps out of loads with 25gr bullets It shoots 1/4" 5 shot groups at 100 yards. This is deadly on groudhogs out to about 250 yards. The only problem with it is wind wind can really affect the bullet but they are a blast to shoot very little recoil light powder charges (More bang for the buck). Can't beat that sure beats shooting some of the big magnums out there.

I want to stick with 22 caliber but what I meant by variant is there is a k-hornet with a 35 degree shoulder, one with a 40 degree shoulder, and there might even be another one I was just wonderin which one has the most oomph. also thanks fir the replys

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.