17 Hornet

Ok guys, I'm seriously looking hard now at the Savage model 25t in 17 Hornet, does anyone have one? If so how is it grouping with factory or hand loads?

I had the same issue when I bought my CZ 527 17 Hornet.....................

I went on line to Gun Broker and within 3 weeks I had purchased Two Cases of Hornady Factory Ammo..................20 boxes.
The only place in Town I found it they wanted $32 a box. I got it on line for just over $22 a box.

In my CZ the accuracy of the Hornady ammo was Excellent. Four five shot groups all went under .5.............. I did prep my barrel with Bore cream I purchased from "The Woodchuck Den"
I also found 2lbs of VV-120 on Gun broker and have 500 Hornady 20gr V-Max bullets to start working up a load. I chronographed the factory ammo out of the CZ and was getting 3585 FPS. Thats with the 21.5" Barrel. According to the 17 cal Manual I purchased from The Woodchuck Den you can work up to over 3800 with a 24"barrel in the 17 Hornet.................with V-120 also you can get close to that using IMR 4227 or Accurate 1680

All I can say is that this is one great little cartridge and super fun to shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts