Question regarding a Remington Action

C.O. Shooter

Hello All,

If you are using a Remington action for a custom build, is it really necessary to use a BDL over the ADL. Are there any pro's or con's to this other than ease of unloading?

Thanks

The actions are the same as far as accuracy and both will make an equal build. The only difference is the floor plate, as far as I know, and the ADL can easily be converted into a BDL.

Jeff

The actions are the same as far as accuracy and both will make an equal build. The only difference is the floor plate, as far as I know, and the ADL can easily be converted into a BDL.

Jeff

correct. in addition the ADL does not have a jeweled bolt. Or at least the one I bought last Christmas didn't. Got a good deal on it for 350. Building a 270 with it now. Last I heard you can get the kit from Brownells for about 160 or so to convert your custom to a BDL style. The bolt was sent to BAT machine for fluting.

I have a buddy that used a donor 30.06 to build his custom 270 with the ADL action. He kept it as is with an HS Precision stock. He's happy. The real question to ask yourself is do you mind cycling the remaining ammo in the mag when each hunt is over? That's it. If you don't mind, keep the ADL configuration. If you do, spend the bucks and convert.

I converted. I like the floor plate.

I think you can gather up the floor plate, box follower and spring used for a lot less. Then I think you need te front screw too. But they are cheap.

Jeff

I bought a couple of adl's two years ago because I couldnt pass on the deal. Then I bought everything I needed to convert them to bdl's from a gunsmith for 60 bucks each. You mighr check with some smiths that do alot of builds. Alot of guys will go with a detach mag set up so the smith may have some bdl parts lying.jm around.

I started out with an ADL for my build years ago. Over the years I picked up a BDL floor plate and box at a gun show and got an H&S precision stock. Did not change the amazing accuracy of this rifle one bit from the Bell and Carlson glassed ADL stock. I just got tired of bolting the rounds out of the ADL. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.