Question on ring height

7Rumloader

Ok I need some input on what height rings I need to mount my NXS 5.5x22x50 on a trued rem 700 with a #8 contour Lilja straight taper tube. I have a 20 MOA picatinny base already and I'm thinking about using either the badger rings or possibly the Burris extreme rings. I know the badgers are top notch in quality so give me the height you used in a similar setup with them and estimated barrel clearance. ( I want to keep it low as possible ) If you have used the Burris extreme rings then tell me how you like them and if you have a height suggestion let me hear it. Thanks in advance!

Im not sure what the height mesurement is for the rings you mention, but wit a #8 contour you will need something that mesures at least .92" from scope center to the top of your base.

Hope this helps,
Glen

Hey Glen, Ive got a combo for you. Ive got a NXS 56mm in the mail, and puting the meatal together on a Lawton 7000, with his 20 MOA steel rail, and sendero contour barrel. What height will I need? Please tell me you know! No one else knows. The rail on these is as tall or taller than a Farrel.

Thanks and I will see you in Wenachee.

Jason

With the 56, I would say the 1 inch rings. I have a 3.5-15x56 with 20 moa rail mounted on my Sendero. The 1 inch rings give me good clearance...
472271.JPG
[/url]

Sendero

"The rail on these is as tall or taller than a Farrel."

If the rail is that high you could probably get away with low .82-.85 height rings. That is assuming the rail is as high as i think it is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I will be building rails for the 7000 here shortly. I just need to catch up on some other stuff first. My rails will be very low.

Sendero Man, The best way to find out how low you can go is to measure the clearance that you already have between the barrel and your objective. I like my rifles set up with the least amount of clearance i can get away with. Just seeing daylight under my butler creek cap is perfect /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jason, I have a 7500 here and already build bases for them. I need to make sure the top of the action is the same on the 7000. Im fairly sure it is, but need to speak with Lawton and make sure. After that I will build them as ordered. If i get a few requests I will start stocking them. I will be in alaska from the 7th - 14th and will start building them when I get back.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.