Ring Height Question

Ought6

I have a new Leupold VX-5HD 3-15X44mm on order to mount on my Tikka T3 and I'm going to use my Burris base which is a Weaver style base . I'm wanting to use the Leupold LRW Weaver style rings and hoping to get by with medium height rings . Will the medium height work for the 44mm objective ?

I am using medium Burris signature zee rings on my tikka with the vx-6 hd 3-18x44.
Each mfg is different, check the actual height. The burris rings are .22"

I have a new Leupold VX-5HD 3-15X44mm on order to mount on my Tikka T3 and I'm going to use my Burris base which is a Weaver style base . I'm wanting to use the Leupold LRW Weaver style rings and hoping to get by with medium height rings . Will the medium height work for the 44mm objective ?

I'm doing the same scope using an older Redfield one piece base and Redfield medium rings so you should be good to go. Also if you do an online search there are some ring height calculators available.

The medium height LRW rings are .21" so they are almost identical to the Burris you are running . What base are you using and how much clearance do you have ? Thanks

Make sure that your bases are attached with torx screws tho I think those are pretty much the norm these days.

Just got mine mounted on a Rem 700. I had an old Redfield one piece base already on it so luckily I was able to remove those pesky Allen head screws and replace them with torx screws. Way back when I'd replace the Allen heads with slotted screws. With Redfield medium rings there was plenty of clearance with a Butler Creek cover on it. 3/8 inch or so. ER seems ok but as you can see there's almost no room for forward or rearward adjustment. If you want a better fit or more leeway you'll likely want to consider using a picatinny style base.

xNJKKIp.jpg

6lSq0sC.jpg

iog2nsh.jpg

Thanks for all the help guys . I ordered the medium height Leupold LRW Weaver style rings to go on my Burris Extreme Tactical two-piece base .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.