Question for Remington 783 owner's only

Gigolo

I'm considering buying a Remington 783 as a low cost field gun. Every review that I've came across indicates that the Remington 783 is an improvement over the 770 that came before. The only complaints out there from owner's is that on some Remington 783 rifles, user's encounter magazine feeding problems, usually they go away if you load the magazine with one less round than full capacity.

It seem's that the problem is hit or miss. Some user's experience the problem while other's don't.

Has anyone on here experience this problem with their Remington 783, and if so, what caliber is your rifle?

Does anyone know if Remington has fixed this problem with the magazines?

The Remington 783 by all indications, appears to well be on it's way to being an excellent low budget rifle. Since I already have a Remington Model 700 in 308, I'm thinking about either going with 308 or .270 Winchester, most likely .270 Winchester. Should make for an excellent low budget deer rifle and best of all, as per Remington's ad in North American Whitetail magazine, it's an American rifle built by American workers with rough hands and overalls.

Sounds like the Remington 783 is a rifle built by the working class, for the working class!.

A Zombie thread but my 783 always has fed well at 4 ( 4 round mag ) in the mag and 1 in the pipe. I have never had any feed issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.