Question for Fiftydriver

Roy,

Depends on if you want a repeater or a single shot.

For a single shot, anything will work that can be opened up or has a magnum bolt face.

For a repeater, I would highly recommend getting a receiver set up originally for a WSM round and for top accuracy I would recommend a Remington but really any of them will work. I was thinking about getting a Savage sporter that is chambered in one of the WSMs and rebarrel it, getting rid of the barrel lock nut and fitting the barrel via the Rem 700. My 270 AM has performed so well I think this may make a hell of a yote and deer rifle.

You want to be the first to own a 224 AM???????

Just teasing ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!

Kirby Allen(50)

I'll put a REM 721 in the mail from local FFL place. You can experiment with it.

I figure the the 270 AM would be great for deer and yotes, but hell, everyone has one of those /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I did my best yote shooting with the 270 90gr sierra, BC something like .190. Was great to 420yds. Anything beyond that was IMPOSSIBLE to hit. But recoil was ziltch and could see every impact. Figure a 100gr 224 would have a bit better BC plus would be a bit more accurate plus have the velocity to get it there.

I like living on the edge anyway so a 224 it'll be.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts