Pulled the trigger on a Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44 LR

slickyboyboo

I debated over the 2.5-10x44 PST, although I wanted a 4-16, but the PST didn't come in a 44mm. I chose to go with the HS LR instead, and I think it will do everything I need it to when I get my .280 built.

What are y'alls thoughts on this scope?

Also, what height rings would I need for this scope, sitting on a 15 MOA 1 piece NF rail?

Last edited:
i went with the regular version, i'm just not to keen on the exposed turrets for a hunting gun. even my big point gun i carry in the backpack. plus i like the 1/4 adjustments better. mine arrived last night and so far i'm pleased with it. havn't mounted it yet but looked at some stuff this morning. glass is 500 dollar glass, the parallax worked very well, can be adjusted out at all ranges, the reticle is fairly thin, some might want something a bit thicker, but very nice for LR work. had no trouble lining up on a pigeon at 915 on 16x. the clicks have a good feel to them and are fairly audible. if i can hear them most would probably think they are loud. both windage and elevation turn about 50 moa. i think the LR version has 75 moa travel but i don't consider that a biggie. i'm putting this on my 6wssm which will be my LR practice gun. plus i figured this would be the perfect back-up scope if you ever needed one to go big game hunting. if you can't get it done with a 4-16 you're probably doing something pretty specialized. overall it looks like a very nice scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.