• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED ** Pulled ** Browning A-Bolt II Medallion in 300 WSM

azsugarbear

Up for sale is a Browning A-Bolt II in the "do-all" caliber of 300 WSM. If you are looking for an inexpensive entrance into long range shooting, this rifle just might be your ticket. This rifle wears a stock factory 22" sport contour barrel with a 1:10' twist, which will stabilize the heavy-for-caliber VLD bullets. With base & rings it weighs a mere 6 lbs. and 14 oz.

The deserts of Arizona can be pretty hard on stocks, especially wooden stocks. Although there has reportedly been less than 100 rounds down the tube, this stock has seen more than it's fair share of rocks.

But ugly is only skin deep. Don't let it's appearance fool you...this gun is a shooter. And these targets were shot last weekend with the stock rifle. Just image what this rifle could do with a trigger job, a bedded lug & action, a stock better suited for long range shooting. and possibly some hand-loaded ammo.

Rifle comes with bases and 1" rings, which I was told came from Leupold. It will ship in a hard case to the FFL of your choice. Rifle is priced at value of barreled action alone. Action and barrel are in excellent shape with little wear present. I believe the claim of less than 100 rounds. This rifle has proven accuracy with three shot strings under 1 moa with two different factory loads. Price $475 - shipping included. Not looking for trades at this time.

Attachments

• Abolt1.jpg
    Abolt1.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 10
  • Abolt2.jpg
    Abolt2.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Abolt4.jpg
    Abolt4.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Abolt5.jpg
    Abolt5.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 14
  • Abolt6.jpg
    Abolt6.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Abolt7.jpg
    Abolt7.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 11
Re: Browning A-Bolt II Medallion in 300 WSM

Unable to edit original heading, so posting update here. It has been brought to my attention that this rifle may well be a Micro Medallion, rather than a Medallion.

I am very tempted with this rifle. I need it like I need a hole in my head:D

I have the same problem. Never intended to put it in the stable - but it shoots so darn well. Part of me is realistic in that I already have too many rifles that don't get shot enough. The other side of the coin is a light-weight rifle in a versatile chambering that shoots extremely well. I love the short bolt throw.

Thinking of reshaping, sanding, filling the stock and then cerakote it. Bedding the lug and action and then perhaps a decelerator pad. Leave the factory barrel as is. Shoots great, but some slight vertical stringing as barrel gets warmer (typical for pencil barrels). Maybe a Sims barrel de-resonator to help that? Tune/adjust the factory trigger. Low cost improvements. But I need it like I need another whole in my head.

Buy this rifle and help me in my battle to overcome this addiction! :D

I just ordered a new zeiss HD5 for my 300 wsm, or else I would have bought this one. I have always wanted to try the Abolt. I'm sure you will sell it soon

Ever since I posted this rifle for sale, it has been haunting my dreams. I can't seem to "move on", so I guess it's a sign that I need to take it on as a project. Perhaps we are destined to write some hunting history together after all. So I've decided to keep it and see what it can do.

To all those who showed an interest and/or were in the process of negotiating with me, I thank you and ask for your understanding.