PTG Remington model Seven action

Rusty85

So I've got a project in mind and it's kind of specific. I'm wanting to build a model 7, and before anyone suggests it, I understand that a short action 700 might be a better option but I've always wanted a custom wood stocked and blued model 7.
And since model 7 actions seem to be like hens teeth, does anyone have any experience with the PTG trued model 7 actions, I can get one through them for what seems to be a decent price, considering it's had most the work done.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated before I pull the trigger on one.

Last edited:
PT&G seem to be unliked by most. I no longer buy their reamers, but I do use their bottom metal exclusively on my builds. I cannot fault them, I buy them unfinished whether carbon or stainless and finish them to match the rifle finish.
Now, to their actions and bolts. I have used their spiral fluted bolts and like them, the actions I have not used, but if the finish and machining is on par with their other parts, then I see no reason NOT to buy a trued Rem model 7 from them.
I'm sure others will chime in, as they might have used one of their trued actions.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.