Proof Research ??? rifles???

Buzzsaw

Are these accurate??

are their barrels accurate?

with a good builder a fist tier components how accurate are their carbon wrapped barrels?

Building an ultralight rifle, are these as accurate as the top barrel makers stuff?

Are these accurate??

are their barrels accurate?

with a good builder a fist tier components how accurate are their carbon wrapped barrels?

Building an ultralight rifle, are these as accurate as the top barrel makers stuff?

I've got a Sendero light profile on my 300 WM and it is the most precise barrel I own. My last groups to finalize load development measured in the .1s MOA at 200 yards. I also own a 338 Sendero profile on my Lapua and regularly achieve 1 inch groups at 350 yards. The best feature of my Lapua barrel is that the first shot is always exactly where I need it to be, cold clean bore or fouled. I've got another one on an Edge that I haven't shot yet, but I'm expecting it will shoot at least 1/2 MOA.

There was another member reporting some pretty amazing groups as well. Something around 1/4 MOA out to 1000.

thanks for the info, I guess for $900 they better shoot good.

You can get the PR from Stocky's for $800 shipped. Another option is a Christensen blank for $620 shipped with a pre threaded muzzle. I haven't tested a Christensen for accuracy, though. I have plans for one and I have the blank, but I haven't made any moves with it yet.

I would highly recommend Proof barrel.. Do not own one yet but will...Have load developed 2 different ones and both shot really well..

300 WSM was a full custom Proof rifle
300 Norma Mag Imp. we had built

We have a customer who is building a 338 Lap imp on a 30" long 8" twist Proof. Can't wait to get it put together... Just waiting on Defiance Deviant action..

Brian

Defiance Actions are the only actions we have used for our builds and are SUPER HAPPY.. They are right here close and see no reason at this point to change..

Yes the are. We have only bought one from someone else..(I don't remember who though) All the rest have been ordered. The last 2 we ordered were 10 months out. That was in July of 2016 so still have a few months to wait..

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.