Project Thoughts/Advice

winmagman

Given the time of year, the weather, and a case of cabin fever I've been giving some thought to my next project.

I'm thinking of putting together a 7mm WSM on a Savage long action. Originally tought a short action but after looking at factory ammo and how deep they seat the bullet I wanted the longer mag. for seating bullets out a ways. I realize I'll have to change the bolt head from the push feed to the controlled feed, but I'm thinking/hopeing that should about the only change if I start with a 110 in 7mm mag or a 300 wm.

I thought I'd try a Sharp Shooters Supply barrel (Douglas XX) in a 27" length, their trigger, and put it in their new Var-Tac stock.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but it seems like a simple enough project. Any comments, equipment choice reviews, or flaws in the plan are welcome. Might save me some cash.
Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts