Privi-Partizan .338 Lapua 250 Gn. FMJBT

SidecarFlip

Not sure where to stick this but...

On a lark I bought 3 (20) round boxes of this 'stuff'....

Wideners touts Privi brass as excellent reloading brass so I thought why not on the factory loaded cases, besides the price was right, $52 bucks per 20 versus over $100 bucks for the Lapua factory loaded Scenars.....

I've never had any issue with Wideners, I buy almost all my projectiles from them because one, I like Joyce Hornady products, two, being a Hornady distributor, they sell Hornady in bulk and three, their prices are right.

No, I didn't get the Privi (PPU) from Wideners, it came from my local (3 miles away) Cabelas store. Convenience is nice...at a price.....:)

To make a long story shorter, the first round in the first box was a no fire, nothing, nada. It has propellant inside (I can hear it when I shake the round).

I chambered it in my 111, pulled the trigger and click. Nothing. Extracted the shell and the primer was indented so I re chambered it and tried again..... Nothing.

This all happened at the range. I have confidence in the Laupa ammunition. This PPU .338 I have no confidence in..... I can't imagine hunting and have a dud round on a critical shot. That would tick me to no end....

I talked to Cabelas and they have no returns on ammunition (for obvious reasons). Did some searching and found the importers/distributors of PPU and fired off an e-mail and called them but haven't got an answer yet...

I just want to give everyone a heads up that this .338 in PPU don't appear to be dependable, at least not in my experience.

Comments welcome of course.....

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.