Primers

Curious how hard everyone is finding primers to locate. Reason I ask is that I often see posts that tell readers when hard to find powders are available, but have rarely if ever seen posts telling where rifle primers are now available. Been looking for Winchester or CCI small rifle primers for quite a while. Are they just not available AT ALL, or hit and miss like RE 26, H1000, Retumbo ect. Anyway just curious. As always thx for taking time to give input.
I have ran into the same dilemma with large rifle primers luckily I have friends that stock primers the way i stock powder you have to look every day online and hope to get lucky if I run across any small rifle primers I will holler I am looking for IMR-7828 SSC magnum powder myself good luck

^^^ Talk to your coworkers and friends as well, sometimes they have leads, sometimes they will help you out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I will just hold tight and keep checking around. Something will turn up. I just can't pay the kind of money they are asking!!

It's hardly extortion when it's the buyers bidding the price up.
$120 for a brick of WLRM when these extortionists are buying them by the case from manufacturers at wholesale price then turning around and posting a buy now price that is 400% above store price!
That's extortion, that's criminally creating a shortage for personal gain. I can't tolerate politicians doing this "stuff". This is disgusting.
DocB

Curious how hard everyone is finding primers to locate. Reason I ask is that I often see posts that tell readers when hard to find powders are available, but have rarely if ever seen posts telling where rifle primers are now available. Been looking for Winchester or CCI small rifle primers for quite a while. Are they just not available AT ALL, or hit and miss like RE 26, H1000, Retumbo ect. Anyway just curious. As always thx for taking time to give input.
Well, There isn't any. I check multiple sights EVERY DAY...
Yet, some ill spirited posters (not mentioning any names) occasionally post that they say some somewhere on the MFG site today "hurry you'll get some"
I saw such a post just yesterday.
So, I called the MFG...... Of course, they didn't have any, haven't had any in months and it'll be months before they get it back in.
I will continue checking sites but, I fear it'll be a good while before we much of anything.
And if we wind up with "slow Joe" it will be longer than that.

my .02 cents

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.