Primers for 300 WSM

G

What primers do you guys suggest , I'm gonna be shooting 18gr bullets with H-4350 powder , I relize that its 60+ grains of powder but is a Magnum primer realy needed , I typicaly use CCI BR-2 primers but wasen't to sure if it would be woth the hassel to try to work up loads with them if their not hot enough.

I use Federal 215 M primers seem to do the job.
wink.gif

I use F210M primers in my 338 Yogi with 97g of powder you should be ok with just 60g
Crow Mag

JD,
I recently worked up a load for a buddies .300 WSM using 165gr's. I tried every load that was in the Nosler #5 manual. Nothing seemed to work in his A-bolt. I eventually went to a max load of RL22 and Rem 9.5M primers. Three shots, one hole. He was pleased and I was tired of the recoil.
I don't think there is a listing for RL22 under the 165gr so I did the math and came up with 70gr as max. However, 69gr shot the best in his rifle. Hope this helps. Johnny K.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.