Primers for 300 RUM w Retumbo

A non scientific reply(as are most replies). The primer can be one of the most variable factors in loads. Any given load can shoot the same with all primers, shoot twice as good or twice as bad. Changing can literally take the MV up OR down. Cut groups in half or double or triple their size. Can raise pressures or lower them. It can raise or lower SD and ES(depending on how important you feel those 2 figures are)

And in lots of testing, Magnum does or Benchrest may or may not mean a thing. I've seen higher speeds with BR primers, lower speeds with mags, highest speeds with standards and everything in between.

I have not gone to look lately BUT I thought there was a large rifle mag benchrest offered by someone at some point. Might be worth looking into if you question the ability to ignite. While wanting what might be a BR assembled primer.

Jeff

Thought about reviving this old thread. I was just surfing around on some other forums and come across a thread that talked about this very subject. It got me to thinking about trying it in my 300 ultra. It seems I've always had vertical stringing in all the big guns I've owned. Going to the 210 match primers is (from what I've read) supposed to eliminate this.

Anyone tried this in the last 7 or so years since this thread was started...

Nathan

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.