• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED *Price Drop* 338 Lapua, Surgeon, Rock, Mcmillan, RW Snyder

No Mike this rifle is new and unfired. So you bring up a good point. My numbers were from communications that I had with Todd Hodnett, the owner of Accuracy 1st. He had the most experience with the 20" 338 Lapua that I could find searching for ballistics data when I began this project about a year ago. Granted this rifle may, or may not perform to those numbers.

These are numbers from the snipes hide that were generated during long range 338 Lapua bullet testing in 2012.

2. 300gr Bergers
Another solid performer, these were being pushed between 2700fps and 2800fps depending on the rifle and load. They maintained just just around 1 MOA of accuracy at 1500 yards and while most noted a bit harder to get a good seating depth, they were still solid even from rifle to rifle. Even the 20″ AX was able to get solid results at distance with them sending them downrange at the 26oofps (Avg) which used 54MOA to reach 1500 yards.

Last edited:
The 338 Snipetac was an amazing rifle. However there is more to the Snipetac than meets the eye. There may be some folks out there that are getting more than 750-1000 rounds out of those rifle barrels , but I have not heard of any. I got around 660 rounds and the barrel was eroded (Really eroded) 6 inches up past the neck . Also every time you fired a round you burn 145 grains, that equates to 40 shots per pound of H50BMG. I also had "A-lot" of neck cracking in the brass, so I tried necking down and fire forming 375 Cheytac, Its all possible, but was very time consuming and expensive. Rebarreling that rifle cost me 937.00 from Bartlien. It was not something I wanted to do every 600-800 rounds.

So I switched to the 338 Lapua, I all ready had a 338 fast twist build in process when I picked this one up, and need to sell it to pick up a better range finder and ballistic solver. It was a situation were it became available and I bought it. On the other build I went with a faster twist rate so that I could shoot CE bullets. We'll see how well it does when the weather breaks, it was still -17 here on Monday morning and -5 this am. I hope this answers your question completely.

Again I'm just hoping to sell someone a great rifle. If anyone wants to PM about other calibers or builds that I have had the opportunity to do in the past, please feel free to, in a PM.

Last edited:
Thanks for elaborating, sounds like you like nice rifles! I was interested ina Snipetac myself, but a 1000 barrel change that oftn would bother me too. I'm thinking about just going to a 416 barret or 50 BMG, seems simpler than a sophicticated build and barrel burner. Akthough I like he Snipetac concept.

Good luck with everything, she is a beautiful rifle, a really good carry version of the 338 Lapua. The parts can't get any better.