• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Price Check - Savage RUM

Tarheelpwr

Hi,

Changing gears on my build. I was going to keep the 7RUM as from the factory, but I decided to change to 280AI. I'm not sure the 280 will run on the RUM action, so I may be unloading it.

So, what is the following worth. There is less than 2 boxes of ammo through it. I've put 2 rounds. Everything is in GREAT shape.

- Savage flat back stagger feed LA stainless receiver with 3 screw trigger (with longer RUM mag box)
- Savage 7mm RUM barrel with brake that turns on and off
- Factory stock

Also, would it trade straight up for a new Stainless LA or is it worth more?

Chris

First let me say I'm no expert. But, you should be fine using the action you already have. Unless you just want a stainless action. The only difference would be if you most likely have a large shank instead of a small shank. You would just need to get a large shank 280 ai barrel. You'd also have to change the bolt head to a .470 diameter bolt face. Which is easy to change.

Savage did put the rum's on small shank actions at first, then moved on to large shank untill they quit doing them all together. What you have there may verywell be a small shank. Also, as redandwhite stated you will need a .473 bolthead for the .280AI.

I'm sorry I can't help you on the value of the firearm, hopefully someone will come along and reply.

I know it's possible, but it's not worth the added expense to make it run from a blind mag. It's staggerfeed, so every adjustment will require the box removed, and adjusted and tested. Then, rinse and repeat until its correct. That gets costly at a shop rate.

It is already stainless and indeed large shank.