Precision Ballistic Software

Mike,

I spoke with the designer about 18 months ago and I thought it had already been put out for consumers.

Maybe I was wrong, I was hoping that maybe someone had tried it out and could report back on the PDA version.

Thanks for the update!

Has anyone tried this ballistic software on their computer, but more so on their PDA's?

I would be interested in hearing your feedback on the program.

Thanks

Ring,

Many thanks, I like it on a first run through because you get to see their formulas. I'll need to play with it more so I can see how accurate the formulas actually are.

It looks as though I'll be able to modify the formulas if necessary.

Again, many thanks

On the first run through I've found some screwy things. At 700 yards, the program tracks pretty well with my actual shooting results.

However, if I change from 50 to 100 yard increments, my data changes from the orginal out put data.

Here's my input data
Velocity = 2794
Bullet weight = 168
Bullet BC = .505
Start Distance = 100 yards
Increments = 50 and then change to 100
Altitude 500 and then change to 800
Temp = 85
Scope Height = 2.1
Zero range = 100
wind = 0
Target velocity = 0

Keeping all input data the same except the increments and altitude.

Example: 800 feet altitude at 50 yard increments my 1000 yard Path in inches is -321.4

When I change to 100 yard increments it changes to -317.8

This seems to happen when I use 800 ft elevation. If I go back to say 500 feet it works fine.

Doesn't make any sense to me. The program is also set up for READ ONLY so I can't play with the formulas... yet, just give me some time.

[ 10-05-2004: Message edited by: Jeff In TX ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.