Pre 64 action

ZRT1000

I just picked up a Win pre 64 action with a 06 bolt face. I am interested in having a 257 weatherby built and was hoping this action would work. It is missing the lever for the bolt release. It is in decent shape but sombody did some half arse work to the bolt. I pd. $160 for it.
Does anybody know of a blown up photo so I can check the parts ? ..thanks

Pre 64 action, 06 bolt face? 257 Wby cartridge? Yep that will work just great... I'd sure look at a good 28" barrel for it; that little extra barrel sure pay's off in a 257 Wby, which is one of all-time {three} favorite cartridges. I've killed many deer and yote's with one. After a short time going up and down the bullet weights; all I ever used was the 100gr. bullets; I finally settled on Barnes 100gr XLC BT, for everything, it was amazing.
After you have fired your cases; neck size only. Roy Weatherby was right!

Thanks for the info, I look forward to my first custom build.. I am a big fan of the 1/4 bore for whitetails..

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.