Prairie Gunworks...........

mindcrime

Whatever happened to them?!? They had a wildcat based on the .408 CheyTac necked down to a .338 that I am interested in. Now, their website is not available? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

They are now PGWDTI.com defense tech Inc since they got a big government contract for the new sniper rifles.

[ QUOTE ]
They are now PGWDTI.com defense tech Inc since they got a big government contract for the new sniper rifles.

[/ QUOTE ]

THANKS!!! Would you happen to know if they still sell to civilians?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Just friendly advice..Do not dump your money in PGW's venture. You'll end up toasted, like me.

They will flat out keep your money.

I don't think that they are doing much civilian work right now, but you could try emailing them. I've always been happy with their work.

Mindcrime -- my gunsmith has the 338-408 reamer and ability to make dies as well, and he is in PA, not canada...

Mark King: 717-834-6284

JB

[ QUOTE ]
Mindcrime -- my gunsmith has the 338-408 reamer and ability to make dies as well, and he is in PA, not canada...

Mark King: 717-834-6284

JB

[/ QUOTE ]

I am thinking purchasing one of the new CZ550 Safari Magnums chambered in .505 Gibbs to base mine on (I already have one in .416). I'm even thinking of double recoil lugging it---one on the barrel like a Remington, and the factory one on the bottom of the factory action. By bedding BOTH, it should be rock solid!

About the reamer---Do you happen to know how long the throat is, what is the shoulder angle, and does it have minimum taper? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

it is improved and 35degree i think -- call him, I just talked to him...

not sure on throat.

I wouldnt double lug it if you want it to shoot well, no reason to.

It will pound the **** out of you in a carry package...though fitting and armalite ar-30 brake may help a bit.

If you are wanting a carry rifle, i would go no further than the 338 Lapua personally...

YMMV,
JB

[ QUOTE ]
it is improved and 35degree i think -- call him, I just talked to him...

not sure on throat.

I wouldnt double lug it if you want it to shoot well, no reason to.

It will pound the **** out of you in a carry package...though fitting and armalite ar-30 brake may help a bit.

If you are wanting a carry rifle, i would go no further than the 338 Lapua personally...

YMMV,
JB

[/ QUOTE ]

A 35 degree shoulder sounds great! Even though I don't consider myself recoil shy (I shoot a load of 110gr. RL-22 pushing a 325 Barnes X from my Rigby from the PRONE position off a Harris bipod instead of off the bench /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif), I had already planned on a Holland Quick Discharge muzzle brake so that would help in the recoil department. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just friendly advice..Do not dump your money in PGW's venture. You'll end up toasted, like me.

They will flat out keep your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">Thanks for the insight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif It's sad, their rifles are to my taste. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif </font>

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.