Powder-what is a good price?

I find myself purchasing powder and primers when I see them come up for sale. An example is this morning when Midway had H1000 and Retumbo available. I got a couple of pounds of H1000 by racing through the order process. By the time you are done you just paid $65 per pound after shipping, Hazmat, and tax. I am not even sure what I'm going to use it for yet. Did the same thing last week on primers and paid way too much when I saw BR2 LRP's come up at Natchez. My local reloading store is 30 miles from my house. They rarely have anything I want in stock and are putting very high prices on what they do have. I've got to stop this panic/opportunity buying thing. I spend more time buying stuff than I do shooting these days. Heck, now I need to buy/build another rifle to maximize the performance of some of the components.

look at the midwest powder site,they have pretty good supply of primers,or at least they did yestaurday
Yeah, I paid $10/100 for some GMM Large Magnum Pistol primers and based on the prices I've seen online that wasn't terrible. I guess I should say these were Fed Match primers and BR-2 and BR-4 primers, respectively, that they were selling for that price. From what I've seen it's hard to beat $100/1000 on GMM primers with hazmat shipping. I could be way off, I don't make decisions based on it being there but I typically research going prices before I buy something or at the very least have a running knowledge of what stuff is going for.

So what is a good price? What is the "new norm"? The other day I stopped at a local gun store and couldn't believe my eyes! They had Varget, something I have been looking for for a year or more, at $46.95/lb. Does anyone think this is to high? or the new norm? One pound limit, but that's all I really needed.
The last few times we have had ammo and component panic, the prices never returned to what we like to think of as "normal". There are lots of people that told me I was crazy for buying powder at $21 a pound and primers at $40 a brick after the 2008 election because the. "Inflated prices" would return to "normal" eventually. At that time, powder had been around $15 a pound and primers were $30 a brick right before people started panicking and cleaning out the shelves. If the prices go down, it won't likely be all that much if history repeats itself.

In the upper Midwest I'm seeing $45 -60/pound for most powders when they do show up on the shelves. Usually gone within 48 hours. As a high volume shooter I did like to keep a 2-3 year supply of components. Use about 15 pounds of H4350/year and no longer have my "comfort" supply of anything. Just snagged a case of 1 pounders of H4350 for $450. Breathing slightly easier now as I was down to about 8 pounds. Don't think there is a "new norm". Cakes

So what is a good price? What is the "new norm"? The other day I stopped at a local gun store and couldn't believe my eyes! They had Varget, something I have been looking for for a year or more, at $46.95/lb. Does anyone think this is to high? or the new norm? One pound limit, but that's all I really needed.
Mr. Glenn , will they ship ? If so please send me their name and phone number if you have it, I desperately need Varget .

Thank you Sir , Floyd

None of the stores around here ever have reloading items. They have an auction company here, that you will see some items for bid, but people around here are paying much more than any of the stated prices. Ridiculous! You wouldn't believe!